Jacqui Christie MAPS – Clinical and Counselling Psychologist
Jacqui Christie is the Director and a principal psychologist of EmPowerMe Health and Wellbeing Practice. Jacqui is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and holds a Masters in Counselling Psychology. She holds full membership of both the Australian Psychological Society and the College of Counselling Psychologists. Working with individuals for over twenty years, Jacqui has assisted men in the area of men’s health, women and men in the areas of empowerment and assertiveness, and couples dealing with parenting and relationship issues. Jacqui is a trained group facilitator and clinical hypnotherapist, with specialisations in family violence, trauma, anger management, anxiety and depression.
Jacqui is a level 11 accredited PACT couple therapist to enable couples to understand the origins of their conflict and how this behaviour impacts on their relationship.
Please contact Jacqui on 043 117 8054
Peter Brown – Psychologist
Peter is a registered Psychologist and Gestalt therapist. Peter has additional training in Clinical Hypnosis, EMDR (Trauma Treatment), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Transference Focused Psychotherpy and Family Violence. His therapeutic approach is holistic and works actively and collaboratively with clients in a supportive environment to achieve their goals. Peter helps clients gain insight, resolve internal conflict, as well as develop internal resources and skills, necessary to create healthy relationships and live life more fully.
Areas of Practice
Anxiety, Depression & Emotion Related Disorders
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Trauma – PTSD
Anger Management / Family Violence
MProfPsych, BPsych(Hons), AdvDip Gestalt Therapy, GradDip SocSci Counselling, GradCert SocSci Family Violence Counselling, GradCert SocSci Family Violence Group Facilitation, EMDR (Trauma Treatment), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, GradCert Clinical Hypnosis, BBus (Major).
Therapeutic Approached Provided
- United Protocol (Emotion Focused CBT) – Evidence Based Treatment for Anxiety, Depression and Emotion Related Disorders
- Gestalt Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Transference Focused Psychotherapy (Psychodynamic)
- EMDR – Evidence Based Trauma Treatment (PTSD)
- Clinical Hypnosis
- DBT Skills training – Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal, Mindfulness
• Registered Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Board (AHPRA)
• Appointments are available week days and evenings
• Medicare rebates available with GP referral (Mental Health Plan)
Please contact Peter on 0421 855 281 for an initial consultation.